IT IS TIME TO STOP SHAMING YOURSELF.
I used to think the things that I had been through damaged me in some way.
I would beat myself up and ask myself things like “how did I let this happen?!”
I felt like a fraud in a lot of ways, and would worry what people would think if they “found out”.
I think this is what keeps so many from opening up about what they are going through, the fear of rejection, the fear of being judged.
The fear that NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND…
because truthfully, you don’t fully understand it yourself…
I mean how did you LET this happen? How is it that your life actually looks like this? How is it that you are in a toxic relationship? Or Broke? Or just SO fucking UNHAPPY?...
Even with that smile on your face? Even though you tell everyone all is good?
<It is EXHAUSTING>
Because deep down, you really just want to be SEEN…understood and loved.
You just want someone to tell you that it is all ok, that you will be ok.
Here is the thing…
To be ok – to actually be “all is good”…
you have to let it out.
You have to feel through it.
You have to speak your truth.
And you have to LOVE THE FUCK OUT OF YOURSELF ANYWAY.
Because once you start to do that, your entire perception changes.
Once I started to love myself despite of it all – all the things I went through, all the things I was ASHAMED of, the things I didn’t want to admit, well…everything changed.
Those things brought me through a magnificent transformation, and I am now GRATEFUL for it all…
I know that I would not be the beautiful, strong person that I am today had I not been through all of the pain.
A few things have brought me to this place.
1. Knowing I was doing the best I could at the time (we all are). I am human, I make mistakes and that is ok.
2. Power is only in the present, we can not change the past, but we can control how it effects us now through forgiveness (of yourself and others).
3. Accepting that my soul needed to learn these lessons for my growth (yes, I CHOSE this) and understanding and BELIEVING that life is happening FOR me.
4. Accepting responsibility for my life, my actions or inaction and now choosing to create what I want instead of taking what comes.
5. Taking ACTION on stepping into a new way of being, a new way of seeing, and doing the INNER WORK.
This is self love…loving ALL of you….even the parts you thought you never could.
Despite what you have been through, you aren’t broken, you are beautiful.
I see your strength.
I see your beauty.
I see your power.
Kelly Kristin xx